Online natural wine shop serving greater LA with same-day delivery. Call our WineHotline for recommendation at 310.721.3476
Farming : Organic | Biodynamic
Winemaking : Hand-Picked Grapes | Native Yeast Fermentation | Unfined | Unfiltered
Region : Somló, Hungary
Grape : Hárslevelű
Alcohol by Volume : 12%
Woman Winemaker: Nora Tomcsanyi
Husband and wife Arpad and Nora Tomcsanyi got married in the fall of 2016 and immediately began their first harvest in the 2.5 hectares of vineyards on the basalt-riddled hill of Somló in Hungary that Árpád's father had bought a decade earlier. Their farming is certified organic and practicing biodynamic. The Tomcsanyis made three harvest passes in order to balance out potentially high alcohol and over-the-top acidity.
This wine is 100% Harslevelu. The Tomcsanyis made three harvest passes in order to balance out potentially high alcohol and over-the-top acidity. The first 20% spent 2 weeks on the skins and the other 80% was direct pressed. Bottled unfiltered with zero additions. Pale and partly cloudy, savory and intensely mineral, with understated orchard and stone fruits, texture, elegance, and lovely length.